Smoke, fire, and carbon monoxide are very real and dangerous threats to the health of you and your home. Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are a vital part of your home’s safety and can prevent a full-on disaster to your home. Today we will discuss some reasons why each are not only important but essential.
- Sleeping through a fire
It’s been stated many times, but a danger homeowners face during a fire can be the time in which it happens. It can often happen that a fire begins while a family is asleep, and if not alerted can simply be swallowed up by the blaze unaware. Whether it’s a faulty electrical device, a lit candle knocked over, a broken stove or other sources, a smoke detector can alert you to its presence in time.
- Fires start and spread fast
One characteristic of housefires that makes them so dangerous is the way they begin and spread. They start fast, spread fast, and can be out of control starting from a small spark. A smoke detector can catch the beginning of a small fire before it begins to spread allowing you to take care of it safely and quickly.
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Subtle, Poisonous enemy
Carbon monoxide is trickier than smoke or fire. It is a poisonous gas that can be fatal if exposed to for an extended period. It is often a main component of smoke, but it can also be entirely invisible to the eye. Too often it occurs that a family may fall asleep or spend time in their home without realizing there is a carbon monoxide leak present. If there is a leak, like a smoke alarm a carbon monoxide sensor ‘s alarm will get set off by the presence of carbon monoxide in the air -not just smoke. This means you can catch the presence of the gas and retreat the home to safety.
In conclusion, you need to make sure your home is protected against the threats of poisonous carbon monoxide, fire and smoke. We hope this helped you to see the importance of carbon monoxide and smoke detectors in your home.